Do you have any questions about studying linguistics? On this page we have compiled some advice for you.
During your studies there can always be situations in which you need our advice, especially with technical questions. You can contact any institute member about this. Don't hesitate too long in making the decision to seek advice. You can contact us if you are in doubt as to whether you want to continue studying linguistics, if you have questions about the allocation of modules or further study planning, if you need help in finding a topic for your bachelor's or master's thesis, if you need advice for the start of the master’s degree etc. For certain situations we have a division of tasks in the institute.
Institute members responsible for study matters:
- Simple cases of credit transfers: → Course advising (Michael D. Frazier, Ph.D.) or chair of the examination committee (Prof. Gregory M. Kobele, Ph.D.)
These include e. g. the crediting for modules that have been completed at other universities, the crediting of internships as a key qualification, the reallocation of modules that are not correctly shown in the Transcript of Records.
- Application for extension of the submission deadline for Bachelor and Master theses: Chair of the examination committee (Prof. Gregory M. Kobele, Ph.D.)
- Application for compensation for disadvantages: Chair of the examination committee (Prof. Gregory M. Kobele, Ph.D.)
- Complex cases of credit transfers: → examination committee
- Crediting of academic achievements in the context of the Erasmus programme: → Prof. Gereon Müller
- Crediting of the modules language practice and language competence: → Prof. Barbara Stiebels
- Conflicts in the assessment of module examinations: → examination committee
- Teaching evaluation: Bachelor/Master course officer (Prof. Barbara Stiebels)