At American Studies Leipzig, students can find a comprehensive net of advising to assist them in all questions relating to the organization of their programs of study.
For help in organizing your studies at ASL, you can turn to any of the faculty members listed below, but please also check everybody’s particular study-advising areas and contact the person best suited for your question.
Before you contact us, it might also make sense to first check the ASL webpages for information and to consult our page on frequently asked questions to see whether your question has already been answered there.
For general help in organizing your studies at Leipzig University that goes beyond questions specific to your program and for general administrative questions, please consult the University's central student advisory service. As an international student, please also refer to the University's International Center.
In addition, fellow students from your Student Body Council (Fachschaftsrat) will be happy to help you in many other cases as well.
ASL Study-Advising Areas
- General curricular advising: Dr. Stefan Schubert
- Credit transfer: Dr. Katja Schmieder
- Internships: Tobias Schlobach
- Studying abroad: Tobias Schlobach
- MA entrance exam: Dr. Katja Schmieder
- Registering for courses/TOOL/Almaweb: Dr. Katja Schmieder
Please make sure to check the FAQs first to see if your question has already been answered there. For study-advising areas not listed above, feel free to contact any of the study advisors.
Lehramt (Teacher Training)
- General curricular advising related to American Studies courses in the Lehramt: Dr. Eleonora Ravizza or Dr. Sebastian M. Herrmann
- Credit transfer of American Studies modules in the Lehramt: Dr. Eleonora Ravizza or Dr. Sebastian M. Herrmann
Please make sure to check the FAQs first to see if your question has already been answered there.