Institute of Linguistics
News and events
The German Research Foundation (DFG) has granted the Department of Linguistics the funding for a large-scale research cluster (‘Research Unit’) on Cyclic Optimization.
Belated module registration
Till May 9
The Rectorate has decided that teaching will generally be held online this summer.
You must register for all modules and courses that you would like to take. To register for modules or courses, you will have to do so via TOOL
Contact & directions
The following bus/tram routes connect the main station with a stop close to our institute in Beethovenstraße; please check for possible changes in the timetable (timetable Leipziger Verkehrsbetriebe).
- Tram 10 (Direction: Lößnig), stop Münzgasse (short trip ticket)
- Tram 11 (Direction: Markkleeberg-Ost), stop Münzgasse (short trip ticket)
- Tram 9 (Main station/west side; Direction S-Bf. Connewitz), stop Neues Rathaus (short trip ticket)
- Tram 14 (Richtung S-Bf. Plagwitz), stop Neues Rathaus (short trip ticket); please note that you can take this tram only for a trip from the main station to our institute
- Bus 89 (Main station/Goethestraße), stop Mozartstraße (regular ticket)
Please take a local or long-distance train from airport Leipzig/Halle to Leipzig centre. The local train routes 5 and 5X need 23 or 16 minutes, respectively, to Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz. From there you have to walk eight to ten minutes (via Peterssteinweg, Straße des 17. Juni) to our institute. Alternatively, you make take a train to Leipzig main station and then take the tram/bus connections specified here.